Search This Blog

First words


Hi there!

First thing you have to know (and you will quickly notice) is that I'm a French photographer trying to speak Shakespear's language to allow most people to read this blog. This being said, forgive me by advance for my english mistakes, and let's go! :-)

If you're here, you must have the same interest than I for beautiful black and white photos. I practice myself this kind of rendering since some times.
At the beginning, I thought like most newbies that a simple click on the "black and white" button of my favorite picture software would bring me an amazing result... Don't laugh, you did it too! Of course it didn't take too much time before I realize there was a "little" (understand a huge) difference between my results and those of experienced photographers. I was sure of only one thing, it was my love for black and white photography and the ability for this technic to highlight the essential of a photograph.
Next step is pretty logical, I broke my piggy-bank, bought a good post-processing software (Lightroom in my case), and started to train myself.

What I want here isn't to write another boring and unaccessible tuto for image processing (including all the things... that we don't need). I just want to share my methods and ideas about it. Of course, feel free to give me your feedback (or even questions) about what will be done on that blog.

Damien